Syracuse Business Fraud Lawyers
A vast array of circumstances can lead to allegations of business and financial fraud, such as:
- Environmental crimes involving hazardous materials such as asbestos
- Falsification of data connected with hazardous materials
- Violation of federal environmental statutes such as the Clean Air Act
- Embezzlement from a place of work, such as a bank, a credit union or a health care facility
Do you have reason to believe that you are under investigation for fraud or misrepresentation? Have you been arrested or charged with business or financial fraud? You are urged to contact an attorney to schedule a consultation.
Call or email the Syracuse, New York, white collar crime defense law firm of George F. Hildebrandt, Attorney at Law, to learn how I can help protect your rights and prepare a strong defense on your behalf.
Facing Charges of Business and Financial Fraud? I Can Defend You.
We will explore early on:
- What exactly you are accused of or charged with?
- Whether this case is part of a federal or grand jury investigation? Might additional charges come later?
- How law enforcement agents got the information that led to your arrest?
- If you did, in fact, take money from your place of work, were there mitigating factors that might aid in defending your case? (For example, whether you suffer from a drinking problem or a gambling addiction? Or were you distraught over your spouse’s illness?)
Sometimes a proactive approach is the most likely to be successful. Examples of actions that may, in the appropriate case and after consulting with a lawyer, increase the likelihood of a favorable outcome include the following:
- Restitution, if applicable
- Cooperation with authorities
- Voluntary surrender
Tailored Solutions and Successful Strategies
Sometimes a skillful lawyer can improve the chances of a favorable outcome by explaining to a prosecutor or judge what happened and why the alleged fraud or embezzlement occurred, if in fact it did. Together, we can decide on the approach to obtain the best outcome of your business or financial fraud case, whether it involves vigorously defending your case at trial or negotiating a possible resolution in either a criminal or civil settlement.
As the sole attorney in my firm, I am able to devote one-on-one attention to my clients who have been charged with business fraud, financial fraud or theft.